News of Interest
- 22 April 2021 - Author Bob Quinn to speak at Cassiopeia Books on April 29:
Great news for all of you gardeners, farmers, rural economists, and folks who just like a good read. Bob Quinn, author of Grain by Grain, is coming to speak at Cassiopeia Books on Thursday, April 29 at 6:00 p.m.! Bob will discuss his book, Grain by Grain, and his life-changing experience with the grain Kamut. Kamut led Bob to his understanding of how regenerative organic agriculture can improve health, bring back rural jobs, and how time-tested farming practices can replace toxic pesticides and fertilizers. Bob not only talks the talk about organic farming, but he walks the walk and is currently growing 70% of his own food completely organically. Would this inspire you in your own garden? Come and see! Please join us, masks and social distancing required.
Thanks very much,
Millie Whalen, Cassiopeia Books
- 20 April 2021 - City Commission and Earth Day Proclamation:
You are all invited to participate in the GF City Commission meeting tonight - April 20 - at 7 p.m. where the Earth Day proclamation will be read. Rich Liebert will thank the city for certain clean energy projects, and I will give a short history of Earth Day. I hope you will attend. The proclamation will be read early in the agenda. Remember that you have to register in advance for the zoom webinar. "See" you there. Gerry
- Attend the virtual meeting utilizing Zoom Webinar. Attendees must register in advance for the Commission Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_mCMuHSQ-STy-uHOso0dV_Q After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar by Zoom.
- Participate by phone. Attendees must register in advance for the Commission Meeting using the link above. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar by phone. If you do not have internet access you may contact the Great Falls Public Library prior to the meeting at 453-9706 and they can assist with registration. This would need to be done by 5:30 on the evening of the meeting. The Mayor will provide direction during the meeting on how to alert staff that you have comments for the agenda item.
- Attend in person. Masks are recommended and social distancing will be enforced. Public may view and participate in the meeting from the Gibson Room. Please refrain from attending in person if you are not feeling well.
- 19 April 2021 - SB379
Montana power Customer: 'Bill Castrates PSC'
Listen to Rich Liebert's radio remarks:
- 16 April 2021
Colstrip Operator Eyeing Wind Farm in Southeast Montana
- 12 April 2021
Several bills are coming up for a vote that we should oppose. Visit MEIC's Legislature Bill Tracker page for more information.
- 23 March 2021
For more information about HB 646, visit our Legislative Scorecard page.
- 22 March 2021 - Earth Day Arriving Soon
Take a Hike, Pull a Weed
- 22 March 2021
No Cleanup Responsibilities for Coal Mine Pollution
- 20 March 2021
Why Covering Canals With Solar Panels Is a Power Move
- 07 March 2021 - Become a Climate Advocate
Climate Advocacy Training on Sunday March 14, 3 – 5 pm led by Citizens’ Climate Lobby leaders in Montana. Participants will learn positive techniques to build public and Congressional will for climate solutions.
With the new administration, it looks like there may be a rare window of opportunity this year for climate legislation on the federal level! Citizens’ Climate’s consistently respectful, non-partisan approach is designed to create a broad, sustainable foundation for climate action across all geographic regions and political inclinations. By focusing on shared values rather than partisan divides, we empower our supporters to work towards the adoption of fair, effective, and economically viable climate change policies. The workshop is free and all are welcome to attend.
Register on Eventbrite at bit.ly/MTClimateTraining3-14-21
Please email Mary at email@example.com with any questions. To learn more about the non-partisan, volunteer-driven Citizens’ Climate Lobby, visit www.citizensclimatelobby.org.
Co-Lead, Bozeman Chapter
State Co-Coordinator MT
Citizens' Climate Lobbycitizensclimatelobby.org or 406.551.0388
- 24 February 2021 - OPPOSE HB542
This bill will prohibit the use of state funds and other assistance to support nonprofit and for-profit radio stations. Visit our blog for more information.
- 24 February 2021
How El Paso's electric grid weathered the storm
- 18 February 2021
- 02 February 2021
Montana judge vacates Trump EPA rule
- 28 January 2021
Judge Brian Morris rules against 'Secret Science' rule
- 28 January 2021
Neighborhood Council 4 - VIRTUAL meeting - guest speaker will be COGF Park and Rec Director Steve Herrig, who will be discussing the Aquatics Center. Meeting is open to the public, but registration is required beforehand. Click here for registration information.
- 13 January 2021 - CCE has joined this lawsuit. Click on the link to be taken to our blog post about this.
Environmental groups sue in bid to block EPA 'secret science' rule
- 21 December 2020
City Pursuing EPA Grant for Riverbank Stabilization Project
- 07 December 2020
Bozeman sustainability manager wins national clean energy award:
- 02 December 2020
Great Falls, MT Aquatic Center soil raising foundational costs
- 08 October 2020
https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/otFxSMVzKmFlyOW6kdGqElEW8WmoEbNtSZCBStyTpeT-hX48hcAYrFZh4SZcSa6e.um0WmoYTOawPGORA Passcode: 8+zqeY@d
(The actual gathering starts at the 7 minute point in the recording if you want to pass up the preparatory period.)
- 21 September 2020
- September 2020
- 16 September 2020
- 21 July 2020
- 20 Jul 2020